Exfoliation is essential, especially when you are frequently exposed to dust and pollution. Peel-off Masks are just the thing!
We have another magic for you; A HOME-MADE (not “DIY”?) CHARCOAL PEEL-OFF MASK.
NOW WHY CHARCOAL?
Charcoal is a detoxifying powerhouse and helps clean your skin from deep insideIt helps clear those dirty blackheads and whiteheads, removes tanning, and brings a natural, lush skin back to you.
However, charcoal alone won’t do the trick here. So, we have to add another special ingredient – UNFLAVOURED GELATIN will act as a binder, an important ingredient to make the mask peel-off. If you are a Vegan and against using Gelatin, then AGAR is the best alternative for Gelatin.
PLEASE NOTE: BEFORE APPLYING THIS MASK, PLEASE DO A PATCH TEST TO AVOID ANY ALLERGIES/SKIN IRRITATIONS.
Bring it on. Let’s prepare the mask!
- Combine Gelatin and Activated Charcoal Powder/Tablet in a bowl (both ingredients are easily available online)
- Add warm distilled water and ROSE WATER (to make your skin feel fresh and naturally glowing) and prepare the mixture (NOTE: YOU CAN HEAT THIS MIXTURE IN THE MICROWAVE FOR 10 SECONDS TO AVOID CLUMPS)
- Clean and dry your face before applying this mask. You may simply place a warm towel on your face to open up your pores, or use steam.
- With your finger tip, apply the mask all over your face (avoiding the eyes and brows) and hands.
- Apply this mixture 2-3 times above the existing layer of mask to thicken it up
- Let the mask dry completely (you need high level of patience for this).
- The dry mask will begin to tighten and that’s when you know it’s time to remove. Start peeling off the mask once dried. Don’t worry about the small bits of mask left. You can wash them off with warm water.
- To keep your skin nourished, wipe your face with a toner and then apply moisturizer.